Monday, May 7, 2007

New PT and Marillion Absorbed

Fear of A Blank Planet took a few listens to get my head wrapped around, but I have to say it's going down as another PT classic in my book. Every song has something different to offer. Nice continuation of their 2000's output along with Deadwing and In Absentia. Again, perhaps blends some of their spacier 1990's material with the newer, harder-edged stuff. Can't wait to see them live on May 15th!

I guess I'm one of the few that like the new Marillion right off the bat. Not sure what it is but Somewhere Else one just sounded pleasing from day one, perhaps it does have a somewhat familiar feel of some of their older stuff and repeated listens have revealed more and more layers. No, not their "proggiest" of releases, but just some great songs as only Marillion can do. Some favorite tracks are Somewhere Else, The Other Half, See It Like A Baby, No Such Thing, Voice From The Past and The Wound.

No comments: